Added Jan 28, 2013
I made this dress a while ago for a photo shoot a couple of years ago. I just recently did some changes to the design to make it more modern and wearable. I changed the sleeves from loose bell sleeves to a more fitted look by gathering them between the neck and underarm using a shirring technique. I also changed it from a floor length maxi dress to an asymmetrical skirt. I think that it makes it more modern, but yet still has the 1900s inspired style.
More on my blog: esther-fromthesticks.blogspot.com/2013/01/be-still-know.html
Lace, elastic thread, thread.
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.