Added May 4, 2009
This dress has been made for my Niece, Ashlyn. I have a lot of nieces and nephews, I think last count we were up to 19 or 20. Needless to say it gives me a lot of sewing! When I was shopping fabric online I ran across this vibrant floral fabric and knew I had to make something out of it. It has been setting in my “UFO’s” box for a couple of months waiting to be sewn. All the fabrics I used are 100 percent cotton. The dress is completely lined and I used french seams and Hong Kong seams for a clean look. The pattern I used was an out of print Butterick 4417.
100 percent cotton fabrics, thread, bias tape & hem tape
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.