Added Sep 20, 2010
Queens, New York...
Bad pattern + bad choice of fabric + cutting error = an ok dress
I used an interesting 80’s pattern (McCall’s 2572) for this dress… one of those easy to make one’s that looks kind of boxy on the cover but you figure it can’t be that bad, but then it is that bad and worse.
On top of that, I picked the most iron-resistant fabric I have ever worked with for the dress. Some kind of seersucker-ish fabric?
In addition to all of that, the pattern was way too long, and since it was way too long I figured it would be ok to hack a bunch of it off without really measuring since it would probably still be too long. Only it turned out to be shorter than I expected.
Soo, after many trials and tribulations, I ended up with this dress. It’s not really shaped the way I envisioned, but it’s better than I thought it would be given everything that went wrong. Not something I would wear all the time, but I think it would make a nice dress for swing dancing. With some shorts underneath :)
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.