Added Jan 17, 2014
I made this slipcover for our kindergarten reading chair, which was worse for wear. The chair is simply a piece of moulded high density foam. Only one pattern piece had to be created, which I did by turning the chair on it’s side and tracing the shape of the side. Then, I added seam allowances. The other piece is a rectangular piece of fabric.
Seams were topstiched for added strengh.
Two fabrics were put together for some visual interest. An apple green and white chenille and cherry red velour. Both fabrics are wonderful upholstery heavyweight fabrics.
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.