Added Mar 1, 2010
Palo Alto, Calif...
This was a project for BSC Columbus, OH and is modeled by member R_U_KENNEDY. In working with the basic Lydia pattern (for whatever reason I can’t link this project to the pattern), we set out to make cardigans and this required only minimal changes. We raised the neckline, straightened the body, widened the sleeves, and lengthened the body. I did not have any suitable knits in my stash so I used this vintage woven wool-like material with very patriotic colors and thus is more jacket than cardigan. I finished the neck with bias tape and sewed the body seams on the outside (not really a flat fell). It is underlined with polyester lining materials that were also in my stash. I only had enough red for the body of the jacket, so I grabbed the navy for the sleeves. For the sleeves and hem, I used the folded technique from the Grandpa Cardigan I did not have any buttons to put on the jacket, but I am thinking that I will use gold ones.
vintage woven, thread, polyester lining
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.