Added Jan 2, 2011
This is my first ever attempt at a top of any kind. I choose to use the Anna Top pattern. I had the front panel with rouged bust attached and the back panel cut before I realized this was going to be way too small. I had forgotten to resize the pattern. So I added 6" strips as side panels. The strips were too square to fit with the bust line smoothly so I cut a wedge and a scoop to help the fit. The side panels I had left long with a plan to cut it back later, but I tried the top on and threw the strips over my shoulder. I decided I like the halter look and kept them long and just hand stitched them end to end. The facing kept pulling up so I added a button, that I think adds some whimsy. My breasts are very different sizes and I failed to account for this, so my right bust was a bit saggy. I took a deep dart at an angle and it fit much better. I matched the dart on the other side with a faux dart. I just took an 1/8th of inch to make it look like a dart without picking up any fabric. This project was a series of mistakes, but it ended up moderately wearable. I used the butt pockets as decoration on the front, which makes it clear where this fabric came from. I like the concept, but it does have the “loving hands” look.
torn/unwearable jeans, button
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.