All I Need Is Uggs...
Added Oct 22, 2008
My MiniChallenge entry :) I found two fleece jackets at the thrift store and decided to make a vest out of them! I used the Liz Blouse pattern, cut the jackets completely apart, laid out the pieces the best I could, and made my alterations. The back center piece had to be split in two because I couldn’t fit the entire pattern piece on my fabric! I also made a fun little skirt with elastic waistband (pulled from the bottom of the gray jacket). The whole thing took me something like 12 hours! I couldn’t believe it, but all the strategic cutting and altering the pattern really took a long time. The skirt on it’s own was about 30 minutes since I used the hem from the bottom of the pullover :)
The alterations I made were as follows:
- added cuffs onto the sleeves
- decreased the front center piece to add the gray strip in the middle
- widened the collar
- added the white band at the bottom
- added a tie for the waist
- added a ribbon to the inside neckline to help finish the rough edges
2 fleece pullovers/jackets, some ribbon from other projects
burdastyle and nikkishell for the recycle minichallenge!