Alison the Beast
Added Nov 28, 2009
This project was a beast. I had never worked with a stretch stitch before, and learned that ripping out stretch stitched seams is a LOT of work. When I first “completed” it, my breasts would pop out the side, so I added bra cups, including underwire (I just cut up an old bra that no longer fit). This helped a bit, but my breasts were still sliding out the side. I realized that ideally I would take an inch or so off at the side seams, but because I had already put the straps on, this would have required a great deal of seam ripping. I ended up adding a dart up the back to pull back the front piece to help prevent my breasts from popping out.
Some lycra-type stuff that I got at a thrift store.