Added Feb 19, 2010
Here are the adjustments I made to the original pattern:
I added more room for gathering on the sleeves. I wasn’t sure if they would fall properly if I puffed them, so I added darts on the front and back to run within 2 inches of the armhole. I also lengthened the bodice pieces and widened the front so I could overlap the pieces and use a row of pearl snaps. I omitted the back buttons.
Linen, pearl snaps, piping
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.