Added Jul 24, 2010
I made this romper near the beginning of June from a mish-mash of patterns. I had bought a vintage sleepsuit pattern to use for the general structure, but long story short I had too many problems trying to re-size it and I ended up sort of improvising with the top. The bottoms are an alteration of the Jane negligee shorts. I finished it off with pockets and a sash for the waist, that ties into a large bow at the back.
After a few struggles along the way, I came out extremely satisfied and with a piece of clothing I loved. I’ve been living in this thing every since!
cotton, elastic for top and waist
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.