Added Mar 21, 2013
Den Haag, Nether...
I made this trenchoat in April 2012. The pattern used is Burdastyle 2/2010 141 in size 110. The outer fabric is a green cotton with a small red print from the Tante Ema Sweets collection. The pattern is unlined and because I wanted to give the inside of the coat a nice finish, I underlined it with blue poplin and finished the seams with bias binding in the same color. I had some trouble finding matching buckles in the right sizes for the belt and the arm straps. The buckles I ended up using aren’t a perfect match, but since it took me weeks to find them this doesn’t bother me that much. Overall I am happy with the way this coat turned out.
Cotton, 3 metal buckles, 7 big and 2 small buttons, bias binding
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.