Added Mar 21, 2013
Den Haag, Nether...
I made this trenchoat in April 2012. The pattern used is Burdastyle 2/2010 141 in size 110. The outer fabric is a green cotton with a small red print from the Tante Ema Sweets collection. The pattern is unlined and because I wanted to give the inside of the coat a nice finish, I underlined it with blue poplin and finished the seams with bias binding in the same color. I had some trouble finding matching buckles in the right sizes for the belt and the arm straps. The buckles I ended up using aren’t a perfect match, but since it took me weeks to find them this doesn’t bother me that much. Overall I am happy with the way this coat turned out.
Cotton, 3 metal buckles, 7 big and 2 small buttons, bias binding
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.