Added Mar 21, 2013
Den Haag, Nether...
I made this trenchoat in April 2012. The pattern used is Burdastyle 2/2010 141 in size 110. The outer fabric is a green cotton with a small red print from the Tante Ema Sweets collection. The pattern is unlined and because I wanted to give the inside of the coat a nice finish, I underlined it with blue poplin and finished the seams with bias binding in the same color. I had some trouble finding matching buckles in the right sizes for the belt and the arm straps. The buckles I ended up using aren’t a perfect match, but since it took me weeks to find them this doesn’t bother me that much. Overall I am happy with the way this coat turned out.
Cotton, 3 metal buckles, 7 big and 2 small buttons, bias binding
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.