Added Oct 26, 2012
For whatever serendipitous reason, everything came together on this project, even though I did no planning.
I found the fabric – strawberries! in an adult print! – at the local fabric district while running around doing errands. I was completely enchanted and completely indulgent – I bought 4 yards of it.
Then with no idea of what to do with quite so much fabric, I started by drafting a playsuit for myself, based on an existing one in my wardrobe. My draw-around-the-garment skills must be non-existent though, because the fit was awful! Tight in the crotch. Tight in the waist (though I added 2in to the original). Too short in the waist (though I added 3in to the original).
That explains the lack of pics of my suit.
Well, with oodles of fabric left over, I decided to make a dress for the big girl. That led to a top for the little girl.
And then I saw the Groupon advert for a nice little cheapie photo shoot.
And that was that!
4 yards of a really lovely light cotton voile for 3 garments. I have about 1/2 yard left over.
Patterns used were:
- Big girl: Burda mag 5/2012 #148 Children’s Dress
- Little girl: Burda mag 7/2011 #143 Girls’ Blouse
- Mine: self-drafted
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
Member Project of the Week
Rwest1014's created this gorgeous skirt to wear Halloween after Halloween.
Comment To Win
Get your copy of BurdaStyle Modern Sewing: Wardrobe Essentials today!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
See the pattern that Meg chose to Mash Up next and how you can sew along (she chose one on sale)!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.