Added Oct 13, 2008
The initial idea for this project was to make a muslin to try the pattern. But, I’ve never made a muslin in my sewing career because I have always been so impatient and anxious to see the outcome of my work. Therefore, my muslin turned into a real sewing project. The only difference is that I used a really cheap fabric from my stash, instead of red wool I’m still trying to find in local fabric shops. The pattern is from BWOF 8/2008, #115. Love the result :).
Viscose for the lining I had in my stash but never sewed anything from it because I didn’t like the print
Buttons that my aunt gave me (they’re like 15 years old :)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.