Added Jun 1, 2014
London, United K...
I’ve been trying to step out of my comfort zone of plain block colours and try something new with prints. I found this print whilst on holiday in Cape Town and originally thought of making it into a maxi skirt. In the end I went with a statement shape for a statement print. I tried my best to do some pattern matching (but not really…). It took a while (and a huge initial seam allowance) to change the pattern to suit a maxi style but i’m happy with the way it turned out. I to-and-fro over whether it was a good idea to make a whole dress out of this print, but when the sun’s out and the red lippy’s on- I kinda like it. I think I’ll try and make this with less frills and resort back to a block colour next time.
Printed cotton ~3metres to make this maxi style with long sleeves.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.