A Floral Extravaganza
Added Feb 16, 2009
Another dress – this time, it’s the same pattern as my Blue Bow Cocktail Dress although I included straps and a fabric knot over the bodice gathers. This was pretty easy to make, despite my fabric troubles (I bought 10cm less fabric than I needed, and the fabric lady cut me 10cm less fabric again – imagine the troubles fitting the pattern pieces! I ended up ignoring the grain lines for the bodice pieces – I figured that it just meant the gathers wouldn’t sit as well and I was right. I took it slow and ironed the fabric at every stage. I also cut the pieces a bit scanty, so the seams are very narrow in places. I just have to try not to breathe much in the dress haha!) Unfortunately the lining makes the bodice far too heavy and stiff for it to be comfortable. Next time I’m definitely lining it my way :) Excuse the bare feet – I’m on the lookout for some tacky royal blue heels to match!
1.7m printed cotton; white muslin for lining; iron-on interfacing; thread; invisible zipper