Added Sep 12, 2010
This is a little dress I made for my daughter based on a recent Burda magazine pattern (details TBC). I made it a size larger than I thought it should be but my daughter is quite sturdy and so it was too tight for comfort. I had to unpick the side seams and underside of the sleeves and insert panels of extra fabric here – but the inserts aren’t very noticeable. The strip of material down the front with buttons on it and patch pockets were just made up as I went because the dress was looking too dull for a small person’s taste.
Japanese seersucker from Tessuti in Sydney
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.