A dashing tie for any occasion!
Added Sep 10, 2010
I set out to create a tie that may knock out the boring old ties you see in the business corridors! To achieve this, I used the Osman Tie #BS-016 sewing pattern by BurdaStyle as the basis for the project.
I also created my own tie interfacing for the project, sketched a cutting layout for one-way design fabric, and made some additional notes about the steps in the BurdaStyle sewing guide.
These are available for reading on my website http://www.bunnypoindexter.com/inspiration/poindexter-tailoring/a-dashing-tie-for-any-occasion/
- Excellent quality cotton – one metre of Liberty Tana Lawn “Camille”, width 1.3 metres.
- Vilene Ultrasoft Iron-on interfacing (light charcoal)
- Good quality white muslin fabric
- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Garment Type
- Bohemian, Business, Casual, Punk
- Osman Tie #BS-016 by BurdaStyle