Added Jan 13, 2009
Leeds, United Ki...
Here is my suit contest entry!
I have used the Eva jacket and Kasia skirt.
I have altered the bottom hem of the jacket, making it more curved. There are also curved cuffs on the shortened sleeves. And gathered sleeves- I really wanted to try this on something like a suit to see what effect it would make.
- A waist band is used instead of buttons on the jacket too.
I really wanted to do a variation Kasia – to somehow keep all the elements that make Kasia a great skirt pattern while making it a simpler to make for those trying it for the first time!
- I have taken out the front open pocket pouch and just made simple pockets in the same shape.
-The ruching on the pockets have been omitted and 4 of the buttons on the front.
- At the pocket area I added 3 pleats to create a sort of bustle effect on the hip area – taking influences from edwardian fashion I have been looking at lately.
- Soft Grey Gabardine -suit
- Poly lining
- Floral remenant (for pockets) – I bought for £0.60p years ago!
My husband, who if he hadn’t rejected this fabric for the trousers I wanted to make him for xmas I probably wouldn’t of had time to get some to make the suit!
- Burdastyle – for extending the deadline!
This classic autumn collection has designs inspired by the Scottish countryside.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Sew with Meg & see her final steps in sewing the cape & also see a sneak peek of Meg's new course!
Member Project of the Week
Check out this preppy fall style.
Read this funny post and watch the video to learn more about why this web seminar is great for you!
Burda Magazine US
This amazing Inspira Studio by Closetmaid thread cabinet could be yours!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.