Added Jan 13, 2009
Leeds, United Ki...
Here is my suit contest entry!
I have used the Eva jacket and Kasia skirt.
I have altered the bottom hem of the jacket, making it more curved. There are also curved cuffs on the shortened sleeves. And gathered sleeves- I really wanted to try this on something like a suit to see what effect it would make.
- A waist band is used instead of buttons on the jacket too.
I really wanted to do a variation Kasia – to somehow keep all the elements that make Kasia a great skirt pattern while making it a simpler to make for those trying it for the first time!
- I have taken out the front open pocket pouch and just made simple pockets in the same shape.
-The ruching on the pockets have been omitted and 4 of the buttons on the front.
- At the pocket area I added 3 pleats to create a sort of bustle effect on the hip area – taking influences from edwardian fashion I have been looking at lately.
- Soft Grey Gabardine -suit
- Poly lining
- Floral remenant (for pockets) – I bought for £0.60p years ago!
My husband, who if he hadn’t rejected this fabric for the trousers I wanted to make him for xmas I probably wouldn’t of had time to get some to make the suit!
- Burdastyle – for extending the deadline!
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Live in Fort Collins, Colorado and love sewing? Find out more about this great opportunity!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.