Added Jan 13, 2009
Leeds, United Ki...
Here is my suit contest entry!
I have used the Eva jacket and Kasia skirt.
I have altered the bottom hem of the jacket, making it more curved. There are also curved cuffs on the shortened sleeves. And gathered sleeves- I really wanted to try this on something like a suit to see what effect it would make.
- A waist band is used instead of buttons on the jacket too.
I really wanted to do a variation Kasia – to somehow keep all the elements that make Kasia a great skirt pattern while making it a simpler to make for those trying it for the first time!
- I have taken out the front open pocket pouch and just made simple pockets in the same shape.
-The ruching on the pockets have been omitted and 4 of the buttons on the front.
- At the pocket area I added 3 pleats to create a sort of bustle effect on the hip area – taking influences from edwardian fashion I have been looking at lately.
- Soft Grey Gabardine -suit
- Poly lining
- Floral remenant (for pockets) – I bought for £0.60p years ago!
My husband, who if he hadn’t rejected this fabric for the trousers I wanted to make him for xmas I probably wouldn’t of had time to get some to make the suit!
- Burdastyle – for extending the deadline!
Featuring great prizes and the Magic Pattern Book.
Take a peek at the new How-To page
Pattern of the Week
This dress may have a simple silhouette but it consists of many panelled seams!
Download yours now!
ALL about Etsy
How to take your Etsy Shop to the Next Level: Boost Traffic and Sales
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.