21 Pairs of Summer and Winter Baby Pants!
Added Oct 17, 2009
21 pairs of size 1 baby pants. For the pattern I used the flat trouser block from “Metric Pattern Cutting for Children and Babywear” by Winifred Aldrich. Two of the fleece pants were made with a two-piece pattern and the rest were one piece. The two piece pattern was made by cutting the block in half and adding seam allowance so I could get an extra 2 pairs out of my dwindling fabric
- 1 pair of red plaid shorts from op-shop fabric. Cost approx 50c
- 4 pairs of jersey knit shorts from op shop fabric. Approx cost 50c each
- 1 pair of blue sky camo pants from $2/m clearance fabric from Spotlight. Cost approx $1.25
- 1 long and 1 short pair of pyjama pants – aqua with white dots. Cost approx $2 per pair
- 1 long and 1 short pair of pyjama pants – red and white stripe. Cost approx $2 per pair
- 1 pair of lime green plaid shorts from op-shop fabric. Cost approx 50c
- 1 pair of long microfibre pirate skull pyjama pants from $5/m clearance fabric. Cost approx $2.50
- 1 pair long jersey knit pyjama pants with trucks, cranes and bulldozers. Op shop fabric. Cost approx $2
- 1 pair short cotton pyjama pants with dinosaurs driving trains. Op-shop fabric. Cost approx $1.50
- 1 pair long cotton pyjama pants with horses wearing hats. Vintage op-shop fabric. Cost approx $1
- 6 pairs of long winter fleece track pants. Op-shop fabrics. Cost approx 50c to $1 per pair
Microfibre is horrific to sew with and the only thing I’m ever going to use it for again is lining bags!!!
- Winifred Aldrich.