Added Jul 10, 2012
Brooklyn, New Yo...
This was supposed to be a romper… but I couldn’t get the rise of the shorts right so I just turned it into a mini dress! The most difficult part about this project was (the failed romper part) and sewing the facing so there are clean edges at the neck and armhole – there’s always a few inches that you can’t sew inside out, so I just ended up really carefully top stitching at the shoulders.
This dress came out pretty short so I have to wear bike shorts underneath – then I got this great idea to layer another flirty sheer skirt over it! Which works really well since the sheer skirt needs something under it anyhow. See photos during the day to night ;-)
If you want to know more about other creative projects I have going on, subscribe to my blog here! :)
100% cotton, metal zipper
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.