Added Jun 7, 2013
., Delaware, Uni...
I was very excited when I found a couple of vintage patterns at Goodwill about a year ago. Unfortunately, they were two sizes too small for me at the time, and instead of trying to figure out how to grade them up, I stashed them away.
I found them the other day, and they just happen to be the perfect size now! This one is from a combination bathing suit/dress/beach coat pattern, dated 1967. I didn’t have the right material for the bathing suit pattern, but sewed it up out of seersucker I had on hand, for fun. I didn’t line it for this reason, and just faced the neck and arms with bias tape instead. I also added an exposed metal zip in the back. It came out looking like a cute (albeit very short) dress, and I will definitely make it again, a little longer this time. In the meantime, maybe I’ll find some white leggings to wear with this.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.