Added Jul 23, 2014
I made this blouse from a vintage size 8. I had to do a lot of size grading. I made two muslins, and a final. Gussets were tricky for me in the sleeve. If I make it again, I’m going to make the tie longer. It comes undone unless I wear a brooch, which is what I think it’s designed for. It was not a difficult blouse to sew after the size and fitting were flushed out. Also, some of the sewing markings on the pattern were unfamiliar. The pattern might have not originated from the US. See complete post here: http://sewingonmykitchentable.blogspot.com/2013/11/1950s-blouse-eva-dress-pattern.html
The second wearable muslin was made in a not-so-stretchy vintage knit I picked up from FABMO. The final was a straight cotton, not too thin from Harts Fabrics in Santa Cruz. I actually like the way the knit looks better even though I’m not crazy about the print.
Sewing & Techniques
Watch this free tutorial on how transform your basic skirt pattern into a flowy A-line silhouette!
Pattern of the Week
Turn down this jacket’s deep shawl collar for the illusion of a coat that slips off the shoulder!
RSVP for The Sewing Party and take a peek at exciting classes you won't find anywhere else.
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.