Added Feb 17, 2012
Through my blog I’ve started what I like to call my German Pattern Experiment. Using the two 1930’s German pattern magazines that I own, I am attempting to sew my way through as many patterns as I can. I don’t speak any German and still consider myself a novice sewist (though perhaps it is time to move towards “advanced beginner”).
Anyway, this is a cami-knicker lingerie piece that I made as my first pattern from this experiment. It is more of a wearable muslin, which is why I made it from a lovely cotton voile, rather than silk. Though I did use a piece of left over silk from my Pendrell Blouse I made this fall.
If you like the pattern, I have converted it to a PDF and am offering it for free to all followers of my blog.
Cotton Voile, Silk trim, lace, vintage snap fasteners
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.