Added Dec 1, 2012
Colts Neck, New ...
This is the first project I completed using a real-life pattern! (Since my mini-duffle bags way-back-when).
Jamie and I used the blouse pattern from the BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook! We made the variation contributed by Very_Purple_Person.
We used a cotton fabric, which Jamie picked out at Mood Fabrics in New York city.
I started the project during Super Storm Sandy; we lost power for a week so I had plenty of time to measure and cut the pattern and the fabric, but I had to wait to iron and sew. My friend Sam would have been in better shape; he does all his sewing on electric-free equipment, including a serger he retro-fitted into an old singer treadle cabinet.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.