17 August, 2009
thethreadmage added the project Rubber and Wool English Verdynngale (Farthingale) - Renaissance Costume
Some of these garments were made with wooden hoops, but more often were stiffened with more flexible materials, like rope. To simulate the look of the former with a comfort of the latter, I boned …
9 August, 2009
thethreadmage added the project Coffee Date SHIRT!!!
I’d like to say this was a stroke of genius, but I simply ran out of cloth accidentally. Looks Great regardless of belt status, I think.
8 July, 2009
thethreadmage added the project American Civil War Petticoat w/ Attached Underskirt
I decided to take quite a few shortcuts for the sake of comfort. First, there are no hoops in this “hoopskirt.” Instead, I used standard crinoline because I hate trying to sit in a hoop and they …
thethreadmage added the project My Punk Past -- rubber jacket
This started out as a plain rubber jacket that I bought in Atlanta for $14 in 1998. Since then, it has taken many forms and this is the final. I am nearly 25 years old, and I can’t justify dressi…
thethreadmage commented on the project Elizabethan Tabbed Corset of Canvas
dinkley101: No, I find it is more comfortable because the weight is distributed evenly instead of just at a few points. I guess it feels more like an exoskeleton than clothing.
crlt: I suppose yo…
7 July, 2009
thethreadmage added the project Elizabethan Tabbed Corset of Canvas
I made this using my own finagling. There really aren’t enough extant corsets of the period and region left for any one pattern to be accurate, anyway.
Also, in the photos I am wearing a pettic…
thethreadmage added the project Coffee Date Dress - Make it a Double
I made the skirt fuller by cutting each skirt piece twice and pleating to the waist everywhere but the front. Also, I left the darts open so that I can wear it before I get around to buying a zipp…
thethreadmage added the project Coffee Date Dress - No Milk, Please
I needed to drastically alter the darts to accommodate my big tits, but other than that this fit perfectly. So shocked, I was! NO COMPLAINTS! Also, I have made this dress in various forms 8 time…
thethreadmage added the project Cape Dracula - Reversible
I made this months ago, and have just now remembered to post. I chose not to use facings; instead, I made mine reversible by using wool again and making the sleeves of a slinky blue material on th…