Dress for my daughter turned out to remind me of Alice in Wonderland. The pattern is Advance 8571 from 1950-something. Blogged here
1949 vintage pattern, Simplicity 2948, in wool with a rayon challis blouse. Blogged here
I’ve been waiting for nearly a year to make up this coat for my son (he didn’t need a new coat last year). Finally got it made, just in time for some really cold wintry weather. Blogged here…
Matching red suits for my boys. The pattern I used is Burda 9781. Blogged here
Maxi-length By Hand London Anna Dress. Blogged here
By Hand London’s Anna Dress in the craziest fruit-printed fabric I could find in my stash. A little bit more is on my blog
For this month’s contribution to The Monthly Stitch I made up this dress and hat combination using a couple of vintage patterns (Advance 8211 and McCalls 17…
I borrowed Simplicity 3295, a vintage pattern from 1950, from my mom to make this dress for my daughter. More on my blog…
Kitschy Coo’s Lady Skater Dress with some added inches on the bottom of the skirt. More on my blog
Thank you. I’m plotting to get opera or ballet tickets so my husband will have to take me out.
Faux fur cape with acetate lining. I used Butterick retro-reissue pattern 5032 and modified it somewhat to work with the bulky fur. More on my blog…
Dress for my daughter using Vintage Simplicity 8171, quilting cotton, and an overabundance of red rick-rack. Blogged here…
Mood Fabrics has a couple of offerings in a cable knit in their online selection right now. They …
This is Violette Fields Threads Emmaline dress (the girl’s version). Blogged here
Swimsuit for my daughter made up from Kwik Sew 3998. Blogged here
For the man who doesn’t want to blend in, I bring you this red suit. Jacket is Vogue 8890 and trousers are Burda 7918 with a few modifications. Blogged here…
I used the leftover fabric from my recent Tiramisu to make a t-shirt for my daughter. Waste not, want not. The pattern is Jalie 2805. Blogged here…
Cake Patterns Tiramisu in an argyle heart print cotton jersey. Blogged here
In reminiscence of the slip-dresses of my teen years, I acquired a new copy of one of the patterns I had used when I was younger (McCall’s 7989) and made myself a new one out of the most colorfully…
Not yet, should have clicked order a few days sooner, so waiting for the postman still.
Another project using fabric from my stash. I had a retro-themed party to go to, so I made myself a quintessential 1960’s dress based on Butterick 5748 (a retro re-issue pattern). It also works for…
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.