Newsletter-photo

Top 50 Blogs
for Fashion Sewers

Subscribe to our FREE email newsletter and get the Top 50 Best Bloggers for Sewing Enthusiasts.
Img_1854_thumb

gabcorb

dresses, dresses, dresses...

Techniques

0

Projects

90

Views

1570



5 September, 2014



17 October, 2013



16 October, 2013

  • 01:33 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb commented on the article Fabric.Com Giveaway

    My top tips are for sewing knits or stretch fabrics. To prevent puckered seams, use a walking foot and sew slowly. If your fabric is getting caught in the feed dogs you can sew with a piece of thin…



27 July, 2013



23 July, 2013



21 July, 2013

  • 02:31 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Poppies and tulips dress
    S0636560_listing

    I made this dress using V8511 (an oldie but a goodie), sewn up from a stretch digital border print jersey. I made simple changes to the pattern – narrowed the sleeves, underlined the bodice, left o…

    Read on



19 July, 2013

  • 10:47 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb commented on the project African Print peplum Jacket

    Well done, it’s a great looking jacket – and very fashionable!

  • 10:46 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Breezy coral linen dress
    Img_3737_listing

    Summer dress made using McCalls 6553. This dress is absolutely perfect for hot weather. I mostly leave the belt off, but then the belt holes act as ventilation points :)

    Originally blogged "here…

    Read on

  • 10:40 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb commented on the project Draped skirt with flowers

    Fabulous skirt – your fabric is perfect for this style!

  • 10:38 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb commented on the project Summerdress with belt

    Lovely dress – gorgeous colours and fun photos!

  • 03:15 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Silver birthday top
    Img_2277_listing

    This top was made from fabric selected by my 5 year old daughter as a birthday treat and then sewn into a top (as requested) within a week of purchase. The fabric is from Tessuti Fabrics, and the p…

    Read on

  • 03:09 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Simple draped jersey top
    Img_2114_listing

    Draping is harder than it looks!

    I made this top using a gorgeous soft viscose/elastane fabric, with Burda magazine pattern 2/2009-108 as my underlying t-shirt. The draped piece across the fro…

    Read on

  • 02:59 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Troubadour top
    Dsc01073_listing

    I love this top so much! I made it with some unidentified striped fabric (upholstery fabric perhaps?) plus some deep red dupion silk, both of which had been maturing in my stash for far too long be…

    Read on

  • 02:50 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Cityscape skirt
    Img_2043_listing

    Lined silk skirt made from Vogue 1174 – which is a dress pattern but fitted at the waist and easily sewn up as just a skirt. The print on this fabric is amazing, but I didn’t get very good photos o…

    Read on

  • 02:42 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project White t-shirt - Koos style
    Img_1292_listing

    Top made using Vogue 2971, a Koos Couture by Koos van den Akker pattern. I had to modify the pattern to fit me because it seemed more suited to someone with strong shoulders and a bust, as opposed …

    Read on



26 April, 2012

  • 09:38 AM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb commented on the project Blouse from the 1940's

    Oh lovely, that satin top must look great on!

    What pattern did you use for these?



25 April, 2012

  • 02:03 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb commented on the project Liberty & Linen dress for Barbie

    Thanks – that’s very kind of you! Seems like a good use for the little fabric scraps – if I can find the time… and nice to be able to set aside fitting challenges :-)

  • 01:32 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Liberty & Linen dress for Barbie
    Img_0489_listing

    Following on from some success with a linen ensemble for Barbie, this dress was made using a few more lovely scraps – some Liberty Tana Lawn for the bodice of the dress, and some heavy grey linen f…

    Read on

  • 01:17 PM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb added the project Vintage linen, doll
    Img_0451_listing

    This linen ensemble for Barbie was made using a vintage Barbie “trousseau” pattern and some beautiful 20+ year old Italian linen. I was getting a bit sick of the trash Barbie was wearing so I made …

    Read on

  • 02:26 AM

    Img_1854_thumb
    gabcorb commented on the project stripy stretch pencil skirt

    Wow – absolutely worth the effort to line the stripes up carefully because this is fabulous~!

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//profiles/gabcorb/my_activity