Sooo… the title pretty well says it all. Are you hiding fabric from someone in your household? If so, who? why? where?
Here are some great ideas I found online that I took to be a bit humorous: ENJOY!
1) Fold it larger and put it evenly under the mattress – you can get a hundred yards under there!
There’s no chance hubby will find it – how often does he make the bed?
2) You can also fold some and put it under each chair and sofa cushion .
3) Hang a yardage on a coat hanger, then cover it with a piece of clothing – hence, 100 coat
hangers/100yds of fabric! 3 closets + 300 yards!
4) Get a large trash can, remove the cover and have someone cut a round piece of plywood out
for you. Put stash in trash can, put on wooden cover, place a pretty, 70" round tablecloth (or
sew two 2 yard pieces together lengthwise and “pretend” its a tablecloth on it – a beautiful
lamp on top – and who’s to know it’s full of fabric? (A good way to hide the ironing, too!)
5) If you have a space under the bed, buy some of the flatter Rubbermaid tubs and fill them.
Now when you’ve bought more fabric than you can store in these five ways, you just aren’t
Our online shop www.trachten-quelle.com has dirndl hooks and closed-loop decorative la…
I would also appreciate some suggestions for buying quality fabrics for ladies apparel …
You need to type in the pattern name exactly as it appears in the pattern store, and th…
Thanks! That makes sense, I didn’t think about using tissue paper, I’ll have to try that.
I am having the same problem and I was hoping someone had an answer on your questions :…
Member Project of the Week
Short jackets like this zebra print bomber by Anniemollison are a must for spring.
The latest pattern bundle features nine vintage reissues from the 50s and 60s.
Pick one of 5 patterns for a new kind of sew along
Fashion & Trends
See steps on how Meg sewed herself a transitional Jersey suit using colorful jerseys!
Cute dresses, tops, and a silky bomber jacket to look like a model off duty.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.