Sooo… the title pretty well says it all. Are you hiding fabric from someone in your household? If so, who? why? where?
Here are some great ideas I found online that I took to be a bit humorous: ENJOY!
1) Fold it larger and put it evenly under the mattress – you can get a hundred yards under there!
There’s no chance hubby will find it – how often does he make the bed?
2) You can also fold some and put it under each chair and sofa cushion .
3) Hang a yardage on a coat hanger, then cover it with a piece of clothing – hence, 100 coat
hangers/100yds of fabric! 3 closets + 300 yards!
4) Get a large trash can, remove the cover and have someone cut a round piece of plywood out
for you. Put stash in trash can, put on wooden cover, place a pretty, 70" round tablecloth (or
sew two 2 yard pieces together lengthwise and “pretend” its a tablecloth on it – a beautiful
lamp on top – and who’s to know it’s full of fabric? (A good way to hide the ironing, too!)
5) If you have a space under the bed, buy some of the flatter Rubbermaid tubs and fill them.
Now when you’ve bought more fabric than you can store in these five ways, you just aren’t
Most of the times, you’ll want a taffeta or satin for the underlay dress fabric and the…
Yes great site.
I love the Silverado, it’s fantastic basic corset!
Hell Rena. Darts exist to give the flat fabric some 3D shaping. The main darts used are…
Hmm, nothing on Etsy or Ebay or even Kijiji.ca (and I did try the French website Lebonc…
You’ll have to name that pattern brand as well-is it Burda or another brand? What does …
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
Fashion & Trends
Three takes on how to wear a menswear essential.
Member Project of the Week
A gorgeous confection with a surprise peach chiffon layer.
Meet the colorful designer behind our upcoming fashion design course.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.