Sooo… the title pretty well says it all. Are you hiding fabric from someone in your household? If so, who? why? where?
Here are some great ideas I found online that I took to be a bit humorous: ENJOY!
1) Fold it larger and put it evenly under the mattress – you can get a hundred yards under there!
There’s no chance hubby will find it – how often does he make the bed?
2) You can also fold some and put it under each chair and sofa cushion .
3) Hang a yardage on a coat hanger, then cover it with a piece of clothing – hence, 100 coat
hangers/100yds of fabric! 3 closets + 300 yards!
4) Get a large trash can, remove the cover and have someone cut a round piece of plywood out
for you. Put stash in trash can, put on wooden cover, place a pretty, 70" round tablecloth (or
sew two 2 yard pieces together lengthwise and “pretend” its a tablecloth on it – a beautiful
lamp on top – and who’s to know it’s full of fabric? (A good way to hide the ironing, too!)
5) If you have a space under the bed, buy some of the flatter Rubbermaid tubs and fill them.
Now when you’ve bought more fabric than you can store in these five ways, you just aren’t
Mine is printing at 3-1/2". My print preview is fine, it’s the actual printout where i…
I think you’d be fine sewing directly on the fabric. You could use a tiny zig za…
I also just posted a project that disappeared on me! I had that a few weeks ago with an…
how do I get the collar on? Sewing the facing together and then half of the collar to …
I am having a problem with the collar. I have to say, I am an experienced sewer. I ha…
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
Member Project of the Week
Rwest1014's created this gorgeous skirt to wear Halloween after Halloween.
Comment To Win
Get your copy of BurdaStyle Modern Sewing: Wardrobe Essentials today!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
See the pattern that Meg chose to Mash Up next and how you can sew along (she chose one on sale)!
Meet the colorful personality behind Whip-Stitch.com, 4 kids, and the Flat Patternmaking course!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.