Sooo… the title pretty well says it all. Are you hiding fabric from someone in your household? If so, who? why? where?
Here are some great ideas I found online that I took to be a bit humorous: ENJOY!
1) Fold it larger and put it evenly under the mattress – you can get a hundred yards under there!
There’s no chance hubby will find it – how often does he make the bed?
2) You can also fold some and put it under each chair and sofa cushion .
3) Hang a yardage on a coat hanger, then cover it with a piece of clothing – hence, 100 coat
hangers/100yds of fabric! 3 closets + 300 yards!
4) Get a large trash can, remove the cover and have someone cut a round piece of plywood out
for you. Put stash in trash can, put on wooden cover, place a pretty, 70" round tablecloth (or
sew two 2 yard pieces together lengthwise and “pretend” its a tablecloth on it – a beautiful
lamp on top – and who’s to know it’s full of fabric? (A good way to hide the ironing, too!)
5) If you have a space under the bed, buy some of the flatter Rubbermaid tubs and fill them.
Now when you’ve bought more fabric than you can store in these five ways, you just aren’t
Looks like those are the BUST sizes, so refer to the burda sizing chart and look at bus…
I did the basting stitch, gathered, seamed, then ruched, and that all worked out fine…..
It sounds like the pattern is wrong (unless there is a pleat or something in the front …
Correction on the Textile Museum’s yard sale-it is on the LAST weekend of May (not part…
fechangku . This is a member who has spammed right across the blog in the last 24 hours…
Fashion & Trends
Swoon for these gorgeous dresses straight off the runway!
Member Project of the Week
See how just a piece of sheer satin transforms this beginner friendly dress!
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step on sewing our wrapped and pleated mini skirt
What do you think of these summery styles?
Check out the debut of this lovely designer style pattern with angular pleats
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.