Sooo… the title pretty well says it all. Are you hiding fabric from someone in your household? If so, who? why? where?
Here are some great ideas I found online that I took to be a bit humorous: ENJOY!
1) Fold it larger and put it evenly under the mattress – you can get a hundred yards under there!
There’s no chance hubby will find it – how often does he make the bed?
2) You can also fold some and put it under each chair and sofa cushion .
3) Hang a yardage on a coat hanger, then cover it with a piece of clothing – hence, 100 coat
hangers/100yds of fabric! 3 closets + 300 yards!
4) Get a large trash can, remove the cover and have someone cut a round piece of plywood out
for you. Put stash in trash can, put on wooden cover, place a pretty, 70" round tablecloth (or
sew two 2 yard pieces together lengthwise and “pretend” its a tablecloth on it – a beautiful
lamp on top – and who’s to know it’s full of fabric? (A good way to hide the ironing, too!)
5) If you have a space under the bed, buy some of the flatter Rubbermaid tubs and fill them.
Now when you’ve bought more fabric than you can store in these five ways, you just aren’t
I’m new to sewing and I don’t understand the pattern instructionsfor the waistband on t…
Hi Chillwear, we are experiencing slight delays due to a high volume of project posting…
I just tried to post a project, not showing up in my studio or on the project page….
I agree with esamuels. 10 cm is what you want, which is just a little smaller then 4 in…
You may wish to check to see if it prints exactly 10 cm. Mine printed 1/16th of an inch…
Fashion & Trends
Shop top selling silk patterns, just in time for Thursday's web seminar.
Dress up outerwear with deep shawl collars and sew up a lovely fitted dress with a flounced hemline.
Comment To Win
Share your top fabric care tips for a chance to be in the magazine, and to get the issue for free!
See one of the techniques you'll learn in November's Fabric Design course.
Fashion & Trends
Can't wait for the Hunger Games film? Sew up the perfect Katniss outfit!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.