Has anyone made this gown? I am wondering about the final steps in constructing the skirt. I am making the georgette pieces and am assuming they will go wrong side/right side and still be constructed as the other layers as a wrap. These instructions need to be re-worded and made to be clearer. Thank you for any help!

Missing

6 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Missing

Aug 8, 2013, 12.27 PMby Nvogt

Hello Shawna, I am having the same problem with this pattern and it is to be my daughter’s wedding gown. I am making a muslin first to be sure of the fit, and I have sewn for 50 years – but these are the worst instructions I have ever encountered. I sent a message to Burda Customer Service and heard nothing back. Sounds like you have gotten further along than I have with the tulle/silk tulle/lace tulle/tulle without “scallop” portion. May I contact you if I have more questions? Are there actually 4 back pieces and 4 front pieces of the georgette? I’m getting panicked. I’m so grateful that you are out there struggling with me.

1 Reply
    • Missing

Aug 9, 2013, 02.45 PMby Shawna Norman

This pattern is frustrating, and of course you can contact me. I have become very adapt at hand basting the pieces together before actually sewing them on the machine because of the delicate nature of the fabrics, ripping out seams is not an option.

This is a wedding dress for one of my best friends, and I have been making notes all along so I can submit them to Burda in hopes they will actually change the pattern directions.

I am working on the georgette pieces today and yes, there are 4 of each, which if I am correctly guessing, these will create 2 separate layers of georgette that is then attached to the overskirts (after they are gathered to match the top gathering). If it is possible, I may attempt to attach the georgette skirts with room to create a small fold and hand stitch over the raw seam of top and bottom attachment.

I wish someone from the company would address this issue, but until then I hope I can construct this effectively and that it turns out to be wearable! I will keep you posted on any revelations I have today and will post images of the dress soon!

• Missing

Aug 9, 2013, 02.55 PMby Nvogt

Ah, Shawna, I feel like you have thrown me a lifesaver. I actually purchased charmeuse instead of georgette, which is somewhat heavier, so I may just use 2 of pieces 4 and 5. The back lines up nicely and the side seams, but the front skirt is shorter than the front bodice along the lower edge. You can email me at nvogt2001@hotmail.com or find me on Facebook if you prefer.

• Missing

Aug 9, 2013, 03.09 PMby Shawna Norman

That sounds good! Thank you!

• Missing

Aug 9, 2013, 03.22 PMby Nvogt

Just looked at the illustration and see that the top needs to be gathered, so that works. I’d love to see pictures of what you have done so far. When is the wedding?

• Missing

Aug 17, 2013, 09.02 PMby Nvogt

Shawna, it appears that pattern pieces 6 and 7 do not utilize the scalloped edge of the lace if it is cut as the instructions indicate. How did you handle this?

• Missing

Aug 17, 2013, 10.37 PMby Nvogt

And where does that scalloped edge on the back come from in the illustration on the first page of instructions?

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/wrapped-gown-072012-190-vague-instructions--2