Advice / guidance needed please !

I am making the noted Wedding Dress à la Jackie Kennedy and would like to know if people thought the dress could be made out of mid weight Silk Dupion?
The recommended fabrics for this design are: fabrics with some body.
I had tried to find a Silk Jacquuard that I liked but they all looked like something you would use as table linen!

Would appreciate peoples opinions on the idea as I am making it soon – getting married Sept 2014,

Missing

1 Post Sign in to add a post

• 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

Feb 1, 2014, 09.49 AMby katexxxxxx

Looks like the original was made from ivory silk taffeta. A light weight lightly slubbed dupion should work very nicely.

1 Reply
    • Missing

Feb 1, 2014, 02.09 PMby PowerPookie

Kate, thanks for your reply!
      I agree, slubbed Silk Dupion will be more appropriate for this style. Think a ‘shot’ Dupion will look fantastic.
      Don’t think Taffeta has enough ‘depth’ for this Dress.
      Will up load a picture when completed.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

• Hi Chillwear, we are experiencing slight delays due to a high volume of project posting…

• I just tried to post a project, not showing up in my studio or on the project page….

• I agree with esamuels. 10 cm is what you want, which is just a little smaller then 4 in…

• You may wish to check to see if it prints exactly 10 cm. Mine printed 1/16th of an inch…

• Was this question ever answered? I didn’t download the patterns at that time but now I…

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/world-of-fashion-032008-wedding-dress-no119--6