Does anyone have this machine and if so can you tell me how to get the cams out. I have tried almost every sewing group on yahoo and am getting no where. I got the machine to sew but the cams do not do anything. The manual does not show much either. Thank you Teresa

Missing

3 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Patti_12-28-2011_large

Feb 20, 2012, 10.25 PMby patti-r

Do not have the machine but my Uncle in his middle 80’s now, was a certified Singer Repair Man for years, he is in Italy until the end of April. The only difference between yours and a T&S is how the bobbin is wound you have that button on the right side front of the machine, I think. [Does it have directions under the lid to remove the cam and use other settings?] Believe it requires oiling under the the lid might be a little rust where the hat or cam sits on. When was the last time it was oiled? Check your manual or this oiling chart although it is for a 603 oiling same.: http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine_Repair/Singer_Sewing_Machine_maintenance/Singer_603.htm

Most people have problems properly threading the machine. Sorry not much help hoping another member can help you more!!

• Dsc00858_large

Feb 21, 2012, 04.33 AMby TabithaFoxx

I have this machine and i have never figured it out either ! as it stands i basically just use the desk its in as a work station for my serger.

• Missing

Feb 22, 2012, 02.34 AMby Debra Gallant

Look at the front of your sewing machine. It will have 2 lines of letters. In between it will have “PATTERN SELECTOR”. This is your Stitch Pattern Selector. When the top lever is on Special, you are able to sew using the disc, the lower lever will be on A,B, or C the B, according to where you want the needle to sew the pattern. In order to change the disc, use the following steps:

1. Turn the hand wheel towards you until the needle is above the throat plate.

2. Move the upper stitch pattern off Special.

3. Raise the door to the stitch chart (on top of machine where disc is located).

4. Remove the disc and place another on the holder. Push it down until it snaps and close the door.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/singer-600-auto-reel-not-touch-and-sew--2