Hello!

I’m completely new here, and pretty new to sewing, too, so I hope you can help me out.

I decided to make the wrap dress from the title (sorry, I and urls apparently don’t agree).

But after all the time spent for comprehending the instructions, I find myself asking the same thing one of the users already asked in reviews for this dress. Why cut out two rectangles that you’re going to sew together anyway if you actually have more than enough fabric to leave it in one piece? Can’t you just make the dress, with or without print on jersey, without cutting it in two?

The only reason I could possibly come up with was the draping of the fabric, but it’s a simple summer jersey dress, so it doesn’t sound like too much of a reason.
The question in reviews was never answered, so I’m posting it here. Sorry if the question sounds kinda stupid, but then I rather ask. :)

Cheers,
A.

Rainbow_avatar_large

6 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Iphone_pictures_037_large

Jun 13, 2014, 08.59 AMby Deanna31

Hi, It sounds like you could. Are the rectangles a perfect 90 degree angle? I wish I could see a picture. Could you post a picture of the tech drawing? Or give us a link to the pic?

2 Replies
    • Rainbow_avatar_large

Jun 13, 2014, 11.27 AMby Aneirin

Hi! :)
      Yes, the rectangles are a perfect 90° angle.

I have no idea how to link things or add images, unfortunately. However, the pattern and instructions for the dress I’m referring to are free, and found right away in the “Dresses” category if you filter search for “Novice” and “Free patterns.” There’s only one wrap dress. ;)

Oh and, there’s no separate pattern and instruction files, just instructions, which include the pattern.

If you could take a look, I’d be very grateful.

• Iphone_pictures_037_large

Jun 13, 2014, 02.00 PMby Deanna31

Lol yes thats right! You don’t have to have a seam.

• Me1_large

Jun 15, 2014, 10.22 PMby mbuchanan1

Sometimes for smaller size the fabric width can accommodate the pattern piece without the seam, but not for larger size. The pattern is drawn for multiple sizes so it has to be designed to work for all sizes. If your fabric can accommodate the whole pattern piece without the center seam, then omit it.

• Purplefan_large

Jun 18, 2014, 11.30 AMby purplefan

http://www.burdafashion.com/fr/Magazines/burda_Style/125_B_Robe_multiple_Schema_du_modele/1270777-1000019-1801726-1801732-1801891-1801948.html

The B version looks different (more like a wrap/pareo style of dress) from the A version (which has O-rings to help create cleavage and back draping). But the technical drawings both show two rectangles joined together. So the front is open/sort of wraps closed. Perhaps the back seam is to add strength when sitting or standing in dress as the stress wrinkles could be more pronounced if the dress was made from one piece of fabric? Jersey is a knit-most knits tend to stretch out after many wearings. Is there mention of any tape applied to the back seam for stability in the pattern instructions? http://www.burdafashion.com/fr/Magazines/burda_Style/125_A_Robe_drapee_Schema_du_modele/1270777-1000019-1801726-1801729-1801825-1801842.html

• 20140306_093715_large

2 days ago, 09.01 PMby annlou

Hi Aneirin! so did you finally try to sew it? I tried and failed miserably :(…….. (this series of dots is a tear by the way…. not drool) Yes, I came, I saw and failed…. it doesn’t look at all like the model picture…. naturally I don’t look a bit like that pretty girl, but I’m taking about the dress!! sniff!!!! Anyone, let us know if you manage to make it work? Please!! pictures!!!

• Missing

Yesterday, 07.00 AMby kantorpoker

U have facebook ??? Hmmm … i’m from indonesian,and i have friends .. she is designer artist .. maybe i can help you to contact my friend if u want … tq

• Missing

Yesterday, 03.28 PMby vmooldsjn

A handful of design factors were transported over from the , but the environment Jordan V featured a great silver 3M echoing tongue. Too the AJ v was initially anyone received ever shaped foam in to a shoe top. When you appear at the actual AJ 5 besides the icey soles,Jordans for sale, what otherwise do you notice? What My partner and i notice will be the flames unofficially. Tinker determined that the way Michael conducted was “being a Fighter Aeroplane”. When this AJ five was developed,Cheap handbags, the breathing in was “greyness nurse shark” or even Super marine Spitfire MkVIII, the industry World State of war II United kingdom fighter flat. To increase the finishing highlites of the shoe,Cheap designer handbags, Chub mackerel added any reflective 3M glossa with Jumpman embelleshment. When air Jordan 5 first arrived in 1990 that they retailed intended for $ 125.double zero. In two thousand when the particular AJ Sixth is v made it is second visual aspect they sold for $ one hundred twenty.00. 2005 Jordan Blade will lso are-release the Air Jordan 5 once all over again, but this time around with the $ 135.double zero price tatter.Jordans Sneakers are outstanding comfortable and you can get thorough protection while you are doing exercise.wholesale cheesy Mens novel jordans next year Air Liquid ecstasy kicks .the actual shoes are saved to of the very best styles involving other shoes or boots in the earth,Jordan release date, we browse has a budget price for shoes along with free transport.Thereinto,Cheap Jordan Shoes, novel jordans next year is style because of the company’s individual style and subdued texture.Hopefully you like you testament avail yourselves of this opportunity about each of our new jordans 2011 .The usage of leather got made into the shoes that contain more qualitative tactual sensation.white reddened nike lebron move With significant areas involving breathable material on the actual vamp,stitching promoted robustness of the shoes or boots.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/sewing-a-wrap-dress-072013-125b--2