Hi there. I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me understand part of this patterns instructions more clearly. Maybe I’m just a bit thick or maybe it’s past my skill level as I’m not the worlds most advanced sewer, but I’m having trouble fathoming out what exactly it is I’m supposed to be doing with regards attaching the collar and how and where the bias strip for it is supposed to go?? If that makes sense? This is what the given instructions say: Baste joining edges of collar together to neck edge, from seam number 2. Fold front self-facings to inside on fold line and press. Work buttonholes in right front facing. Fold folded facings to outside and pin to neck edge. Fold bias strip for neck edge lengthwise and press, right side facing out. Pin folded bias strip to neck edge so that fold edge of strip lies on garment piece, 1 cm (3/8 in) past seam line, and ends of strip lie on facing. Stitch along line of neck edge. Trim seam allowances. Turn bias strip to inside. Turn facings to inside and baste. Sew facings to hem edge. Topstitch front edges as marked. Topstitch neck edge 7 mm (1/4 in) from collar joining seam, beginning and ending at front stitching lines.

Hope there’s someone out there who can explain this to me in layman’s terms :)

Thanks in advance!

Missing

1 Post Sign in to add a post

• Iphone_pictures_037_large

Oct 3, 2013, 03.42 PMby Deanna31

Wow that sounds confusing. Would you be able to send a link to the pic of your pattern? I might have a better idea from the pic

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/need-help-w-collar-section-of-seersuker-blouse-104--2