Hello!
I am perhaps just blind, but I can’t seem to find anything in the instructions for the necktie blouse about making the keyhole. How am I supposed to do it? Wing it?

Also, I usually size 42 (as I am an E36 bust), but when I cut out this pattern in42, it seems HUGE. Has anyone else had sizing issues with this tp?

And help would be appreciated!

C

Missing

4 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Missing

Dec 17, 2013, 04.02 PMby gabdru

Did you ever figure out how to make the Necktie Blouse? I just bought the pattern and have the same question where is the keyhole?

GD

• 20596winter_20fairy_large

Dec 17, 2013, 04.35 PMby sewingfan1

I regularly find that Burda patterns leave a hell of a lot of ‘ease’ in their patterns. Some turn out to be 2 sizes too big for me so I’ve started checking my measurements against the pattern pieces and altering as necessary (if I remember). What is the keyhole for? I can’t see any need for one on this pattern

• Missing

Dec 17, 2013, 05.12 PMby gabdru

The keyhole is the front center where the bowtie is. It is not clear how this is done.

• 20596winter_20fairy_large

Dec 19, 2013, 09.23 AMby sewingfan1

I don’t think it needs a key hole from reading the instructions (if I’m understanding what a keyhole is when it comes to sewing ). The gathered look to the neckline is ‘fake’ in that it’s gathered and sewn in place before you attach the bias tape. And the bias tape then extends beyond the front opening to form the bow tie. Apologies if I’m not getting what the keyhole is, I’m guessing it’s something you’d need if the bow tie was a ribbon that went inside the neckline and allowed you to alter how much you gathered it when tying it?

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/necktie-blouse-072012-117-no-keyhole--2