Newsletter-photo

Top 50 Blogs
for Fashion Sewers

Subscribe to our FREE email newsletter and get the Top 50 Best Bloggers for Sewing Enthusiasts.

I’m finally near the end of my marathon introduction to Burda patterns and could use some help with the single buttonhole. On the face of the jacket is a band with a hole for the large button created in a seam. I am instructed to cut the jacket facing open and clip at angles up and down each approximately 3/16 in. Long at the ends. Turn cut edges under and sew to seam allowances of band attachment seam by hand. Any thoughts on this? …. Maybe Rita61 and or Kate?

Missing

5 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Img_2020_large

Mar 25, 2014, 02.15 PMby Deanna31

Hello May,

Is it a bound buttonhole they are talking about? Here is a tutorial:

http://sewaholic.net/bound-buttonholes-my-favourite-method/

• Missing

Mar 25, 2014, 04.27 PMby Maychang

I think it’s some weird variation. I’m afraid to cut into the facing having never made a buttonhole like this one before. I’ve made bound buttonholes before but this is a new one for me… Anyone out there that has come across this variation?

• 10th_aug_on_holiday_large

Mar 25, 2014, 05.37 PMby katensew

It seems the idea is to cut the facing in line with the ready made slit on the front – yes and turn the raw edges of this cut under and hand stitch in place on the back( make a sort of " letter box " ). Use the point of your needle to turn the edges under as you stitch.

• Missing

Mar 26, 2014, 03.10 AMby Maychang

That sure sounds tricky and delicate work especially since my fabric is a bit loose. Oh dear! I’m afraid. I just finished the jacket and sure don’t want to screw it up! Wish me luck! Thank you.

• Rita_for_burdastyle_photo_large

Mar 27, 2014, 02.27 AMby rita61

Hi May. I have been away. Sounds like you have some good suggestions though.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/modern-jacket-132-buttonhole-help--2