Hello! I am planning to buy a sewing machine Janome DC 6030 like the one here

http://www.janome.com.au/sewing_machine_overview.php?muid=sew&cid=comp&mid=DC6030&gid=DC6030

However, I cannot find any reviews from real users for this machine. So if there is anyone who has experience using the machine, could you please share and give your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Missing

6 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Missing

Mar 19, 2013, 04.23 AMby aka4515

Hi Natalie. I know it may be a little late since I only just found this. I am also looking into this machine as well as a Brother and a Bernina sewing machine. I was fortunate to have a short test drive on the machine. The stitches were good, it is a nice lighter weight machine. Nice lighting and easy to use. I love the direct stitch selection and the auto thread cutter button. The only thing it doesn’t have is a knee lifter, the price does not include a walking foot, quilting foot for free motion sewing work and I don’t think it comes with an open toe foot.

For these reasons I am looking into a Brother Innovis 400 (since it is a closeout model now), innovis 410 or innovis 610 (because it has pre-set automatic tension and a couple other feature the janome 6030 does not have)

My advice is to go and have a look at the machine if you haven’t bought a machine yet. ask the sales rep if you can test drive the machine to see how you feel about the machine.

• Missing

Mar 22, 2013, 11.54 PMby Meredith2021

May I ask what you will primarily be using it for and what type of workload you expect? Are there any specific features you’re looking for? The 6030 is a very nice machine, but you might be able to get away with something like the Janome DC2012 and save some money. Just something to consider.

• Missing

Jan 8, 2014, 03.59 AMby Swansong1

I purchased aDC6030 as a backup machine to my Janome 6500 Professional for quilting classes and a spare. While getting my main machine serviced, I used my DC6030 and the features – needle up/down, speed control, auto threader, auto cutter worked as well as my 6500. I prefer more room for my hands when threading, changing feet and needles but over all excellent value and features. I did some free-motion machine quilting with it and I was pleased with its response. I look forward to taking it to quilting classes as it is a nice body style with the extension table feature. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good portable machine.

• Missing

Feb 1, 2014, 07.57 AMby Sezzy1234

Hello im also looking into buying the Janome DC6030 but i was wondering can it stitch letters as well? Thank you

1 Reply
    • Missing

Feb 1, 2014, 05.15 PMby Swansong1

No, it does not have an alphabet but it does have some wonderful functionality features that make using the machine so user-friendly. I found the quality of stitching was excellent right out of the box.

• Missing

Feb 4, 2014, 05.34 PMby Sezzy1234

Thank you so much for your reply. Have you heard about the Janome 4120? I’m torn between the two. On the one hand i like the DC 60 30 because it seems so easy to use but he Janome 4120 has the alphabet on it which is useful for sticking names on clothes. Please help me decide.. THANK YOU :)

• Missing

Mar 30, 2014, 08.23 AMby Sezzy1234

Hi, I finally got the Janome DC6030! :) its great. I was wondering did you get a quilting foot with yours because i didn’t and i want to do some quilting :)

Thanks your help is amazing

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/janome-dc-6030-sewing-machine--2