http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/gathered-sheath-dress-112012

on the pattern is says, …use jersey fabric /elastane only ..
why is that? I would like to use cotton, insert zipper for the opening,…I think should be fine… what do you think,… Ladiesss Thanks

Newyears_eve_2012_002_large

2 Posts Sign in to add a post

• 20596winter_20fairy_large

Dec 31, 2012, 04.27 PMby sewingfan1

I think, because it’s so close fitting, it could be difficult to walk in and sit down in if there were no stretch to the fabric, but a slit would prob solve that if it doesn’t already have one. I have found with tight fitting dresses that it can be difficult to reach back to zip them up if they have long sleeves and there is no stretch to the fabric but if you have someone else to do that for you then that’s that solved. I ended up removing the sleeves from a dress i made which has no give to it as it was a real hassle trying to fasten it and they rubbed my arms like hell but that may have been due to my doing something wrong when making it as I have worn long sleeved dresses in non stretch fabric without probs before.

1 Reply
    • Newyears_eve_2012_002_large

Jan 1, 2013, 04.26 PMby krunamagiar

thank you for sharing your experience ;) help makes everything clearer to me

• Missing

Jan 1, 2013, 03.04 AMby judypeg

I can understand why you would want to use cotton for this dress. See if you can find some stretch cotton to give you more ease of movement. I made a fitted dress not too different from this one and I made it in stretch cotton. It also has a slit in the back of the skirt and a back zip. Go for it!!

1 Reply
    • Newyears_eve_2012_002_large

Jan 1, 2013, 04.27 PMby krunamagiar

thanks so much, I might look for a suitable material bfore making the dress ^^

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/help-gathered-sheath-dress-112012-138--2