Downloaded and cut out my first Burda pattern, Front Pleat Blouse #103. I have been sewing from patterns for most of my life, and find these directions SO confusing. I’m mainly lost on how to do the neck. Do I make the pleat, then cut the fabric to make the neck band fit around it? If all of the downloadable patterns are this hard to follow, I’m not going to buy any more. Feeling very frustrated.

Missing

3 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Iphone_pictures_037_large

Jul 23, 2014, 10.44 AMby Deanna31

Hi, could you please post up a link or write the sewing instructions? I can’t find it

1 Reply
    • Missing

Aug 2, 2014, 03.58 PMby sachiclayton

Hello!

The sewing instructions are here: http://www.burdastyle.co.uk/front-pleat-blouse-07-2012-103

My only problem is the neck band. There are two neckband pieces; it seems they are to be doubled rather than sewn end to end. The trouble is, the band is about 5 inches too short, but if sewn end to end the band is far too long.

It seems that the pleat needs to be made first and then the band attached since then the neckline and the band would be the same size. However, pictures of the finished blouse look as though the band is attached before the pleat is made. There is also a snap sewn in to open and close the pleat, I assume so that it fits over one’s head.

Sorry for the long post. Any help would be appreciated!

• Missing

Jul 23, 2014, 03.25 PMby Eva Knox

Holy crap. In trying to type it up, I had an epiphany and I think I understand it now!!!

1 Reply
    • Missing

Aug 2, 2014, 03.45 PMby sachiclayton

I am currently working on this very blouse and the neckband is making me want to quit. Eva, if you’d be so kind to share I would be very grateful!!

• Missing

Aug 2, 2014, 08.43 PMby sachiclayton

Okay, wait… maybe I finally get this…? What you need to do is fold the pleat but not pin it in place. If that portion of the fabric along the neckline is folded, the neckband pieces are long enough. That was not intuitive! But now that I think about the construction, it makes sense. Making the neckband long enough would add a lot of bulk in the pleat.

I hope this helps someone in the future! Such a cute top but man the instructions are lacking!

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/front-pleat-blouse-103--2