I am new to this forum and a novice sewer. I want to make Burda 6916 but I find the fabric suggestions confusing. It says to use “Recommended fabrics: Only fabrics with spandex: cotton:” Does this mean the fabrics have to be a stretch cotton or does it mean that it can be either or? Sorry, but I just can’t figure it out. Thanks in advance!

Me_at_43_large

4 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Me1_large

Jun 19, 2014, 07.31 PMby mbuchanan1

This pattern requires fabric with some stretch. It could be a knit or a woven with spandex.

1 Reply
    • Me_at_43_large

Jun 19, 2014, 08.49 PMby Joanne Natale

Thanks so much. I can’t wait to start on it!

• Purplefan_large

Jun 20, 2014, 03.14 PMby purplefan

The fabric usually will contain 97% cotton with 3% elasthane (Spandex is a trademarked brand name; elasthane is the generic name) for the stretch required. You`re good to go shopping or stash searching!

1 Reply
    • Me_at_43_large

Jun 20, 2014, 07.23 PMby Joanne Natale

Thanks. I asked at the fabric shop and they showed me a lovely fabric (cotton) that has some stretch. When I told them I needed something with stretch they seemed determined to sell my all synthetic fabrics but I insisted on cotton – it gets so hot hear in the summer that synthetics are impossible to wear. I hope the stretch is enough!

• Img_0274_large

Sep 7, 2014, 08.13 AMby Heather Dawson

How did it go with 6916? I am going to start it soon.

• Missing

Nov 19, 2014, 01.46 PMby Charlotte Fletcher

LIkewise, I want to start using this pattern. Any tips from those who’ve done it already?

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/fabric-selection-for-burda-style-6916--2