NEW BurdaStyle
Best of Blogging List!

Subscribe to our FREE digital newsletter and
receive the new Top 50 Bloggers List for
sewing, fashion and craft enthusiasts!

i made a coat and forgot to allow for more back space (broad shoulders). i want to add a piece of fabric that will allow for movement that is mostly hidden. like on some trench coats. i know there’s a name for it but can’t think of it. i hope this makes sense. don’t know how to add one.


1 Post Sign in to add a post

  • 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

    Dec 4, 2012, 09.04 AMby katexxxxxx

    Do you mean inserting an inverted pleat up the back seam? You will need to take the lining out and do the same for that, and remove any collar before inserting the pleat and reassembling the coat.

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts