NEW BurdaStyle
Best of Blogging List!

Subscribe to our FREE digital newsletter and
receive the new Top 50 Bloggers List for
sewing, fashion and craft enthusiasts!

Hi there,
I’m planning on making this dress but the only note about fabric is to use ‘cloque’… I didn’t know what that was so I googled it… there is no suggestion for other fabric that I can see. I"m trying to figure out what I could use as an alternative and am wondering if it needs something with any kind of stretch.
I’d love to hear from anybody who has made this pattern or who might have any thoughts on this!
Thank you,


1 Post Sign in to add a post

  • Self_portrait_large

    Oct 3, 2012, 09.07 PMby Sabrina Wharton-Brown

    Cloqué fabric is “a fabric with an irregularly raised or embossed surface” according to my dictionary. The word “cloqué” is French for “blistered” and is pronounced “CLO-kay”. It is woven, so probably doesn’t have much or any stretch (I’m going by what I can find to read).

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts