I just purchased Burda Plus Size Wool Pencil Skirt #136A a downloaded pattern.

I have added my 5/8" seam allowances on the pattern piece (21) CF, (22) SF but I am confused when I get to the pieces (23) CB and 24 SB. The pieces 23 & 24 have one seam which includes the kick pleat extension. Do I also add the 5/8 seam to that seam line including the kick pleat extensions?

My next concern is the instructions ask that the lining be cut 13 cm or 5 1/4 " shorter than the skirt length. This takes the lining up to above the kick pleat extension? Is that correct?

Thank you Burda Sewers :D

Scheri_252520headshot_large

1 Post Sign in to add a post

• 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

Dec 8, 2012, 02.32 PMby katexxxxxx

Check that the pattern needs seam allowances added. It’ll say somewhere on it. If so, then yes, add them to the kick-pleat. You can always trim them off if they are not needed later: check through the instructions to see how the pleat is assembled.

I tend to make the lining only an inch shorter than the skirt, and leave a slit up the back inside the kick pleat. You’ll probably find they di it this way so it avoids having to make the lining deAL with the pleat. It’s a cheat, really. Leaving a slit in the longer lining works better for me.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/burda-plus-wool-pencil-skirt-136a--2