I am having problems with step 2, everything else is fine! I can’t seem to sew the side panels to the front center panel (the part that sits over the bust). I am currently doing a dummy version with some scrap white material before I use my good material. Now I have tried sewing it like the pattern is instructing but I just can’t get the corner segment to sit right and I have no idea why! If someone knows of a youtube video or a better diagram of it then I would be forever grateful!
Thanks,
Tiffany.

Missing

3 Posts Sign in to add a post

• 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

Feb 7, 2013, 09.30 AMby katexxxxxx

On the CF panel: reinforce the corner with small stitches along the seam line for about 3cm each side of the corner. Pivot at the corner… CLIP diagonally into the corner.

Pin the side section to the bust dart seam, matching the corner of the seam line to the corner of the seam line on the CF panel.

Stitch along the seam line to the corner. Stop on the corner with the needle down.

Lift the presser foot and swivel all the fabric round, smoothing down the fabric in front of the neelde, and folding all the rest of the body of the garment and all the seam allowances at the corner behind the needle. Make sure there are NO FOLDS, however tiny, in front of the needle. Match up the SEAM LINES carefully. Lower the presser foot and stitch to the end of the side bust seam.

• Missing

Oct 10, 2014, 05.47 AMby AyaMcCabre

OK seriously how the fuck do you do this? I’ve pinned it and repinned it at least 20 times and most of the time I can’t even get the corner to be on the right side of the fabric. When it does sit on the right side I sew half of it, try to turn it on the needle, and find that I would need to pass half the fabric through the needle to be able to sew the other half. Can someone do it and take pictures? Cos I’m seriously ready to cry and burn everything and never sew again.

• Image_large

Oct 10, 2014, 01.27 PMby CarmenW

Don’t give up yet. I have a burda skirt with a similar corner seam at front waist. Watch this video. Hope this helps. http://youtu.be/C3pr2QFMsiw

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/burda-pattern-7233--2