I am a complete novice and have to keep looking every technique up as I go along – was actually very rewarding up until I got to step 3: baste integral(?) collar right sides together with back neck edge and switch between clippings.

I keep thinking I am going to stitch the neck hole shut from what I understand – I just can’t work out what it will look like and how this works, what is an integral collar?

Step 4 confuses me further: turn self-facing to inside on FOLDLINE ( tried to see this fold line on pattern, can’t find this at all).

If anyone can help out a poor beginner, please let me know… Am going slightly crazy :)

Missing

4 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Self_portrait_large

May 3, 2013, 02.49 PMby Sabrina Wharton-Brown

Can you add a picture of the finished shirt (the one on the envelope), please?

• 20596winter_20fairy_large

May 3, 2013, 05.18 PMby sewingfan1

1 Reply
    • Missing

May 12, 2013, 02.47 PMby Natdem

That’s exactly the one! I am trying pattern B – mid length dress

• Bored_polar_bear_large

May 10, 2013, 07.52 PMby 20beverly08

lookup ‘nancy zieman how to sew a shirt collar’ on youtube.

• 20596winter_20fairy_large

May 12, 2013, 05.32 PMby sewingfan1

I think an integral collar means it’s gonna look like it’s just part of the finished garment as opposed to a stand up collar or shirt collar which is like a separate entity of its own, not sure that makes sense but it’s basically ‘integrated’ into the dress so it doesn’t stand out on its own. As to the instructions they don’t make much sense to me reading them without seeing the pattern pieces. Are there little clipping marks or inverted black triangles somewhere along the back neck edge or collar on the pattern pieces? because after you’ve basted the collar in place then you do a regular stitch between those 2. It looks like as it comes round to the front there’s not a separate collar piece, you fold the fabric from the front pieces in on themselves to make the self facing. There should be a fold line on the pattern piece to shownexactly where to fold them but maybe it was missed off during printing. i’d look up some illustrated tutorials on various necklines on the internet to give you an idea of exactly what you need to do as it’s not gonna make much sense written down i don’t think. A picture says a thousand words.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

• Hi nelluzza!

I don’t think I would because the extra stability you would achieve in …

• ooooh, good idea. thanks. and katexxxx your posts are everywhere and amazing. you help …

• Thanks Dissylu!! should i iron some interfacing on the back of the crepe just to give i…

• Mine is printing at 3-1/2". My print preview is fine, it’s the actual printout where i…

• Hi!

I think you’d be fine sewing directly on the fabric. You could use a tiny zig za…

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/burda-7083-step-3--2