I have have a brother xl-2600i and am having a couple problems sewing a buttonhole with the automatic buttonhole foot:

1. When the machine stitches the first side of the buttonhole (after the first tack), it’s stitching a very wide zigzag

2. When the lever that sticks out on the side on the buttonhole foot (its attached to the button hole size adjuster) reaches the buttonhole lever on the machine, it pushes the lever forward and the fabric is no longer fed through so does not complete the 2nd side of the button hole. So I’m able to get the beginning and ending tacks and 1st side (although incomplete).

I was previously able to make a complete buttonhole (even with problem #1) but for some reason now it won’t complete the hole.

I’ve cleaned the machine, re threaded it, changed the needle, etc… I can’t figure out what’s wrong or different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Missing

2 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Self_portrait_large

Nov 22, 2012, 11.12 AMby Sabrina Wharton-Brown

I don’t know what’s causing problem one, but if your buttonholes have different length sides it may be because you pulled the buttonhole lever down before lowering the presser foot. I have a Brother XR6000 and that happens with mine if I don’t put the presser foot down first.

1 Reply
    • Missing

Nov 27, 2012, 02.34 AMby babydolljf

Thanks. I will test that out and see if that fixes the 2nd problem.

• Missing

Apr 12, 2014, 06.55 PMby tdesilvey

Did you ever figure out how to keep the foot from moving the lever? I am currently having the same very frustrating problem!

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/someone-help-me/topics/brother-xl2600i-buttonhole-issues--2