Has anyone sewn this one recently. I have it nearly completed but am having terrible issue with the instructions on sewing the bodice and skirt together. It is asking me to baste it and then

Turn lower edge of bodice facing to outside along seam (over skirt). Stitch entire waist.

And i dont understand what this means at all.
I also have a problem trying out figure out how to tie this as there is no hole to bring the belt out through the dress.
I have a copy of the pattern instructions on PDF if looking at it would help someone help me.

Missing

1 Post Sign in to add a post

• Patti_12-28-2011_large

Dec 17, 2011, 07.47 PMby patti-r

Hi, I will try, see piece number 1, the front of the bodice do you see the 2 circles or dots near the waist on right side of the pattern? The instructions should say to sew right front to right back to the dot back stitch, stop, leave a space, then sew from other dot to waist, reinforce or back stitch that area. That would leave a hole to slide the belt through.

Hmmmm Turn over means to meet right sides of fabric together, they are telling you this because you need to keep the facings flipped outward when attaching bodice to skirt, Attaching bodice to skirt, I did an ease stitch on waist of skirt 1/2 inch before basting 5/8 inch to bodice.

Before basting make sure when pinning you match the seams and fold lines of the facings, bodice is a real facing and the skirt is a self facing.

After doing stay stitching and pressing I still did a little hand stitching at facings where bodice meets skirt.

Hoping this helps or maybe others have additional tips, Let us know if this helps..

Just noticed sewingfan1 left comment. Did not know before typing all this it was posted in 2 areas.

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/skill-tank/topics/vogue-pattern-8379--2