I am thinking of getting one of these models online. If you have one of these pls share your experience- how you find working with it, how’s the fit, any frequent problems etc. Thanks!

2_dsc_1140_large

4 Posts Sign in to add a post

• 2_dsc_1140_large

Jan 7, 2011, 12.44 PMby magdamagda

my local search for adjustable dress form didn’t turn out to be very successful/easy (I’m in Southern India) and now that my craving for one strikes again I’m willing to get it done with by ordering online a reasonably cheap one (duty taxes are considerably high!)… and from all points of view these seem to be ok … what do you think, it’s ok for a first dress form?

• Burda_avatar_large

Jan 7, 2011, 05.53 PMby sewingqueen-1

I have one of these forms and I really like it – it is not as sturdy as some others I have seen (but it didn’t cost as much either). The adjustments dials allow you to change the measurements where you need to. Please remember that it’s a great tool to help you work, but it doesn’t take the place of a fitting on your body.

1 Reply
    • 2_dsc_1140_large

Jan 12, 2011, 06.55 PMby magdamagda

Thank you so much! Still I’d get to pay double the US price because of shipping and taxes (even as duty free gift) so I’m still trying to see if I can’t get one done here for less or better for the same price! I just wish this searching period would be finished sooner and I’d get my hands on one!

• Avawa_large

Jan 12, 2011, 09.11 PMby analogue

Have you tried looking on e-bay for a second hand one? Many sellers agree to ship internationally if you ask. It might be cheaper than buying a new one, and if the value is lower the import taxes may be lower too (that’s how it works here anyway).

1 Reply
    • 2_dsc_1140_large

Jan 16, 2011, 11.18 AMby magdamagda

Thanks for the advice! I think I looked quite everywhere, (yes ebay included) ! I boldly ordered the Yamata cousin of this Singer! (last on this page ) for which I couldn’t find many reviews online… now I’m trying to think abt other things till it arrives:)

• Dsc00858_large

Nov 19, 2011, 03.25 PMby TabithaFoxx

my husband just purchased me the 16-22. it works well. the first one i got off ebay turned out to be very flimsy and the pole broke and went through the neck. its still usable but not very attractive. the singer one worked out much better. i like it. :)

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/skill-tank/topics/singer-150151-adjustable-dress-form--2