I’m lost. The collar on this pattern is cut out with two separate pieces, a top and a bottom. The bottom piece of collar is larger than small and instructions specify that the two pieces should be sewn together pushing up extra material. Does anyone have an explaination for this. I’m thinking the extra material is necessary for the stand but after two days of searching internet, I still don’t understand. Thanks in advance.

Missing

5 Posts Sign in to add a post

• Mlonghs_large

Nov 21, 2010, 10.16 PMby mlssfshn

can you share an image?

• 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

Nov 22, 2010, 01.13 AMby katexxxxxx

Usually the UNDERCOLLAR (the bit underneath that you don’t see) is VERY SLIGHTLY smaller then the UPPER COLLAR (the bit that you see on the finished garment). This is so that round the edges the upper collar rolls slightly to the underside, hiding the seam and giving a neat edge.

• Missing

Nov 23, 2010, 07.20 PMby wpde

Thanks for replying. I’ve got those two pieces put together. But now I believe the collar band piece is too small to fit around per the instruction picture. The instruction picture shows this band around the entire collar which doubles in front and the pattern piece is too short. Any ideas? Thanks

2 Replies
    • 985f0154fdefdf284531d76b36fbffee7a42548e_large

Nov 23, 2010, 09.28 PMby katexxxxxx

Can you post pix anywhere? Instructions/diagrams and your cut pieces…

• Missing

Oct 14, 2011, 11.50 AMby victoriakb

From the drawings I have seen it appears that the collar band is attached from the left front side panel round the back to the right front centre panel with a small overlap hidden under the collar on the left side. The band does not have to go all the way round because it is not attached to the left front centre panel which is overlapped by the right front centre panel when the cape is fastened.

• Missing

Oct 13, 2011, 05.50 PMby dolcelama

I need help with the instructions….I have read it over and over asked others to read it to see if I am missinf something…Where and how do I use the second 1 Center Front piece that I cut out? If I can have anybody can help I will be super grateful .http://www.burdafashion.com/downloads/einzelschnittkollektion/EN_Anleitungen/7619_EN.pdf

Thank you, M…
  • Missing

Oct 14, 2011, 11.50 AMby victoriakb

The two front panel pieces overlap to form a double-breasted closure. One is stitched to the right front side panel and one to the left front side panel.

1 Reply
    • Missing

Oct 22, 2011, 10.21 PMby dolcelama

Thank you so much…I figured it out after I posted it…

• This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Recent Posts

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//discussions/skill-tank/topics/collar-pattern-pieces-7619-cape--2